First of all I would like to welcome you to blogging world. If you are reading this post then you are a newbie which has found internet a wonderful world to explore. You want to share every exploration you did here in this world via your blog. If you are particular about your choice of blog, this article is still for you too.
WordPress is an easy to use CMS which is widely popular and opted among bloggers. Even website development and ecommerce is also possible on it but due to blogger population it is considered as blogger’s CMS.It has beautiful UI plus a huge support base for development and bug reporting for themes, general errors and plugins. Most of the plugins you will find are free or are not much costly. Implementation and configuration of themes and plugins are easy, no Coding knowledge is required.
Let’s discuss most important rules while working on a wordpress site.
- Hosting: Talking technically first, wordpress utilizes lot’s of resource as it starts running several nodes. More the nodes, more will be resources consumed and slow be the speed. Talking in terms of SEO, website with slow speed is a demerit, if you are doing it’s seo and in general no one likes a website which loads slower on a high speed internet.
- Plugins: Do not install lot’s of plugins on a wordpress just to make it more fancy. People visit your site to read your blogs, not to admire animations or some fancy stuff. Visit counters and recent visitors are now old school, showing them their IP and ISP is a big turnoff for them. Infographic circles, text transactions , elegant slider are acceptable.
- Paid vs Free Theme: In the beginning of my blogging career I use to try every theme i can get my hands on. Some themes are especially made for bloggers, some are for general purpose so trying out every theme won’t be a good idea for getting a perfect theme. Paid themes generally cost around 20$-50$ and provides additional integrations and support. Once you are regular in blogging business you can opt for a paid theme with more functionalityfunctionality and support or you can opt for it’s free version first. Same is in the case of plugins.
- WordPress Social Sharing Plugin: Do install social sharing plugin as it will help users share your content on social media. This will increase your reach and make you gain traffic. Make sure your social share plugin supports almost every social network, say it’s of China or Russia.
5. SEO Plugins: Make sure to install any SEO Plugin, SEO plugin by Yoast or All in One SEO Pack. They are recommended basic SEO check. No need to hire a SEO specialist in beginning phase. These plugins provide recommendation and set of other tools to optimize your website. no need to install extra plugin for Sitemap or for setting indexing priority.